Thursday, June 6, 2013

Music Therapy

Two things - photography and music. Two things that can me get way too excited way too easily. I can take photos. I can't make music (the whole let's-start-a-rapping-career-in-the-darkness when the stove at our apartment exploded, it doesn't really count; oh those uni years!). However, without music... if planet Earth had no music I would have to re-locate. Music, you know!

So, I am trying to improve my concert photography skills. I take photos at concerts so rarely tho. I think it's this whole early 2000s thing. Back then I had a film SLR and most clubs said that I cannot enter with professional gear. Trying to debate them on it not being even close to pro gear got me nowhere. However, I guess these days things are more liberal (in some cases) as everyone's got a camera on them. Back then phones were a lot less smart. And people used them for calling (I know, right).

Last night I saw Chet Faker live in Madrid. Amazing. I am not sure what is about those Aussie guys. I don't think I have ever seen an Australian band/artist live that hadn't been amazing. Maybe it's this whole being-born-in-the-land-of-koalas-thing. Must be it. Anyhow, here are some of my favorite shots and you can see some more (in full resolution if you wish) on my Flickr account


It's almost weekend! Happy times. Have a good one!

xoxo

*All photos shot with Canon EOS 6D and EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM lens. Edited in Lightroom 4.  

2 comments:

  1. You got really great shots. I too love taking pictures at concerts but it really is a challenge, isn't it? With the low light and quickly moving musicians.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!! Also, with smaller venues no-one minds you taking photos and you usually get close to the stage etc, but the light is SO bad. So you never know what you will end up with. Well, unless you're like a pro and crap light guru. ;)

      Delete