Thursday, May 30, 2013

Into the Night, on the Beach

I love pretty photos of pretty places. A sunny day on a beach. Just like this. I spent this lovely relaxed weekend in Alicante trying out my new camera. So, yes, holiday shots are just really lovely to take and have.   

However, I also love trying new things, playing around and sharing moments that resonate more with the hidden than with the plain obvious. Creating images. Nope, didn't pull those straight from the camera, but I had fun recreating memories (and memories are always somewhat illusional or delusional, if you wish). I like taking photos and pushing and pulling the buttons in Lightroom and through that take the same photo over and over again with different settings, approach, feeling. With some photos I feel I need to take them, but I have no idea what will become of them until later on. 

It's trash or then this. Nighttime on the beach.

Stepping off the sand... wavy terraces and skater boys.

Can't help it, black and white gives me this film-like feel. And I love it. In grain, in blur, in darkness. And in bright lights.

It's almost weekend, woo! Hope you have had a good week and will have an even better weekend! 

xoxo

*All photos shot with Canon EOS 6D and EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM lens. Edited in Lightroom 4.  

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful shots. I love the feel that the black and white gives to them.

    ReplyDelete