Wednesday, May 22, 2013

App Love: A Beautiful Mess

One of my all time favorite blogs is A Beautiful Mess. I have been reading it for over a year, maybe two years. I was first drawn to it because all of those fun DIY projects, but all in all - it's all just so fun there. Everything just looks so good. Girlie, yes. But not overly pink and fluffy, if you know what I mean. :) So yeah, I was totally psyched when I read that they'll release their own photo editing app. 
 & Instagram
It's pretty straightforward: crop (square), filters, borders, text, doodles, phrases. While there are all those apps which let you crop and add filters (see my previous app love posts about Instagram and Afterlight) then my interest was primarily targeted towards adding cute stuff to images, like words and doodles. 

At firs I was a little concerned that what if this app will turn all photos the same with the same handwriting you know and same style. Hey, but we all have our own ways to use the tools and if you look through images with #abeautifulmess then you see that while using the same borders, doodles and handwriting all those images look different. They just add to the original image. And people see things so differently.
& Instagram
Yup, I love publishing the images through Instagram (follow me!) and sometimes add an additional filter. Plus I love how you can just point out things in the photo without too many additional words. On the go. 
& Instagram
& Instagram
& Instagram
I love that you can add your own text in different handwriting. 
& Instagram

Sometimes it's just silly fun all the way. That's how I cook. It's a whole system.

And sometimes you have all this new music and you are short of words.
& Instagram
This app is a keeper. Though I might be overusing it a bit at the moment, but ever so often images say more than words, so... :) 

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. I love this app!!

    http://creetavie.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't photo apps the best? I haven't bought this one yet, but I'm probably going to copy you and do so. Rain, my dishwasher is my favorite. Maybe I'll start putting my dishes outside since I don't own a dish washer. Good timing, because a storm is coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, copy me, copy me! Photo apps are the best! And natural dishwashing by the nature is like so cool. Haha. Not that I forgot the glass on the terrace table or anything...

      Delete
  3. Pretty photos!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete