Monday, April 8, 2013

Week 14: Straightforwardness


Straightforwardness?! Right!? I guess nothing is more straightforward than an arrow or a line. Sirgejoonelisus all the way. If to speak the language of lines and directions. 

Yes, okay, on a side note (though it is pretty middle note here) - the word itself (sirgjoonelisus) first brings to my mind certain type of people. I have no photos of such people to share. So you know, if you were expecting that then well, save yourselves while you can, because all I have are some more lines.

Anyhow, where was I. There. I think those lines are so straightforwardly bent. While not straight as such I'd say they're totally straightforward in their bending. 

Anyhow, sometimes it's impossible to tell what's going on. With roads, and people, too. Crookedly straightforward I'd say. 

My favorite (mentally) is the next one. Because that's totally how many people are. Straightforwardly through life, towards goals and not a blink in their eye. But inside... 

Yes, I managed to make a deep connection with human nature and what seems to be like concrete and pieces of driftwood. However, I am only human. Still under the influence of Guggenheim (Bilbao) visit. We learned that it's not about the material thing you create, it's all about storytelling. Seriously, as long as you tell a compelling story anything can have a deep and profound meaning. So yes, no, I don't understand all of art. Still I love visiting art galleries, especially modern art galleries. They fascinate me. And inspire. Not to create art, but to change the trail of thought, to see differently.

This last photo is from Guggenheim museum. This has two aspects. Firstly, the straight lines (that are LED screens; I think... anyhow, words running there in red). Secondly, the straightforward action. Woman taking photo of the man.

Straightforwardness kick-started an idea in my head I am not ready to share just yet. It could possibly be a little longer project pushing me out of my comfort zone. Let's see how it goes. I will share the details as soon as possible. Not a life-chaning project, but a personal mental exercise. Let's put it like that. :) 

This week they promise real (like real-real) spring like temperatures here (back at home we would call it hot summer day). I couldn't be more excited! Plus I will get to share it with a friend I haven't seen for some years. Have a good week y'all! 

xoxo




5 comments:

  1. I love the way you talk about photography, I find it very inspirational. I am going to find all the lines tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow, thanks! Those words mean so much to me! :)

      Delete
  2. i SO feel the audioguide influence in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your visit with your friend! So nice to be seeing them after years. Great photos. I especially like the one taken in the museum.

    ReplyDelete