Sunday, March 17, 2013

Week 11: Squares

You have been squared! Yes. So, here's the story. I was so close to giving up on this week's theme. I just didn't feel inspired and taking photos of tiles seemed like such a bore (and my imagination hit the wall there, at those bloody tiles). I had planned on taking a stroll in my favorite neighbourhoods and look for some inspiration, but it was rainy and I had to alter my plans. 

On a side note must say that I use the word 'squares' as a geometrical term (as opposed to town squares and such; in Estonian the word 'ruut' applies to a shape, not location). 

But then it hit me - there's no rule saying I have to take photos of  squares, I can take photos in squares. Starting with myself.
Cutting out the white noise...
My shoes match a trash container, that's what I call a true fashion statement
Follow the neon
Such fun! As would say Miranda's mom on a brilliant BBC comedy show called "Miranda". 

Moving on to signs of spring that every single year make me happy (and then it rains or snows depending on where I am currently living). 
I am addicted to blossoms 
Squares!

From one thing to another, there's modern architecture that always offers angles, squares, all kinds of geometrical shapes. 







And then it happens - architecture meets spring! Yes, it's a messy affaire. 

Last, but not least I must say that street photography looks good in squares. Perhaps it's Instagram's influence. Doesn't really matter, now does it. As for now inspiration isn't copyrighted (or is it?). Yikes, a lawyer-joke sneaked in. I do apologize (no-one gets those apart from others who went to a law school, I do realize that). 





So what can I say - in the end this whole shooting in squares got me really inspired. Well, I did not shoot in squares, but did the cropping later on (to state the obvious). However, I was thinking in squares when framing the shots. Anyhow, I have lined up some nice (squared) photos for the upcoming week and I am looking forward to discovering theme for week 12. 

See you next week!

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. These are great shots. So interesting. I especially like the one of the man reading in front of the shop window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fuchsia flower is beautiful!

    Allyson
    http://www.allysonwonderlandphotography.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like they're the main decoration this spring in the city (alongside with decorative cabbage :P).

      Delete