Sunday, March 10, 2013

Week 10: Dreamy

When I read about "prisming" on Sam Hurd's blog (check it out, he's one cool wedding photographer) I knew I had to give it a try. Mainly, because I like rainbows and gadgets (fair enough, prism isn't really a gadget, but never mind). So when my prism arrived in mail I was eager to try it out. It seemed like a good idea to use it for this week's project, because what's more dreamy than unicorns and rainbows?!
Olympus E-420, 25mm, 10cm glass prism
It was super windy on the terrace, the unicorn went down... rainbows seem to be more wind resistant.
Olympus E-420, 25mm, 10cm glass prism

My good friend Aino made me these worry dolls. I asked for a unicorn, so yes that green thing is a unicorn. She's super talented and I think her handwork is dreamy enough to get featured here today. 
Olympus E-420, 25mm, 10cm glass prism
Olympus E-420, 25mm, 10cm glass prism
Some pretty girly stuff I love - pearls, a little Chanel and fashion magazines (for their photography and inspiration, I don't get a new wardrobe every season; just so you know ;)).
Olympus E-420, 25mm, 10cm glass prism
Olympus E-420, 25mm, 10cm glass prism
Olympus E-420, 25mm, 10cm glass prism
I miss biking (but it has been too rainy and cold and/or I have been ill).
Olympus E-420, 25mm, 10cm glass prism
Love my Dahon Impulse in Midnight Blue
Olympus E-420, 25mm, 10cm glass prism
Sometimes the world is just totally dreamy. Must admit there's a fine line between dreamy and crazy psychedelic. 
Olympus E-420, 25mm, 10cm glass prism
Olympus E-420, 25mm, 10cm glass prism
So, what can I say. I really do like this prisming technique. I think with time and tons of practice I could use it for some really cool effects. And sometimes all we need in life are little twists and turns and dreamy touches. 

Have a wonderful Sunday afternoon!

xoxo

12 comments:

  1. This looks like a fun experiment! I remember playing with prisms in about 2nd grade, and this kind of makes me want to find one!

    Allyson
    http://www.allysonwonderlandphotography.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we never had prisms in school, only pics in textbooks, so I felt double-excited now. Definitely fun.

      Delete
  2. Neat! These pictures look so pretty and certainly are dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh, these photographs are so dreamy! wonderful!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this looks like fun! I've never tried it, but I'm all about dreamy rainbows and pretty things. :) Reminds me that my grandmother used to have a glass or crystal piece from a chandelier hanging in her window and it would make pretty prisms on the walls and ceiling at different times of day. As a little girl, it was mesmerizing to just lay on the floor and watch the light.
    xo, Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are all kinds of different surfaces that reflect fun light, I used to love all those reflections as a kid. I wonder how come I didn't think of it myself to try to incorporate them in photos. Surely a way to add fun dreamy touch. :)

      Delete
  5. Wow so beautiful!
    :) Liz @ rusticpeach.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. It is. I hope to use it in the future as well, so many possibilities.

      Delete