Thursday, February 14, 2013

App Love: Hipstamatic

Time for an app love update! Planning this post re-united me with an old crush called Hipstamatic. So we spent a day taking fun shots and enjoying a lot of exciting art - yes, it is one of my favourite weeks of the year, the time for ARCO Madrid - International Contemporary Art Fair!




So as you might have guessed Hipstamatic is something hipsters might love - photos come with this old film camera kind of look. Yup, that's it. It's your old school film camera and a pile of film rolls tucked into your smartphone. You can hand pick your "film" and "lens" and "flash". You also don't see the photo on the screen right away, but need to wait for the "film" to be "developed". I must say my favorite option is to let the app choose a random film-lens combo for me (just shake the phone and you get a new combination). So the same location can offer differing results. It's maybe like shooting with a Soviet film camera using expired film - there's surely an element of surprise.




Thinking of getting one of those old school film cameras? Get Hipstamatic first - it's cheaper, handier and packed with retro look and surprises.




And last, but not least I'd like to end with a quote I stumbled upon today: "All you need is love and more coffee." 


xoxo





2 comments:

  1. great post & nice photos :)

    Maybe we follow each other!?
    Let me know :)

    Greetings

    www.YulieKendra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yulie! I will for sure check out your blog. xx

      Delete